Redland Sinfonia Inc / Raymond Gillmore Scholarship
$1000 for One Year and Membership of Redland Sinfonia for 2 years
- To enhance the musical experience of aspiring musicians with support for tuition, workshops or instruments; orchestral playing and solo performance.
- To encourage continued membership and participation in the Redland Sinfonia, Orchestra in Residence at the Redland Performing Arts Centre, Cleveland.
Open to musicians, including current and past Redland Sinfonia members, under 25 years of age as at 31 December 2021.
Instruments for 2022
Violin, Viola, Violoncello, Double Bass, French Horn.
Applicants need to provide:
- A written statement outlining how the scholarship would be used and how it would enhance their music goals.
- A detailed CV outlining exam results, musical experience, and any participation in orchestras and ensembles, eisteddfodau etc.
The names and contacts of Two Referees
Note: $20 administration fee, payable with each application.
- The scholarship recipient must commit to rehearsing regularly and performing with Redland Sinfonia in all concerts and activities for one year and is encouraged to continue after this time. Rehearsals occur on Tuesday evenings during school term times, and Friday evenings the day before the concerts, which are held on Saturday or Sunday afternoons. A solo opportunity may be provided.
- The Scholarship recipient is required to account for the use of the scholarship funds.
- Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
- After all applications have been considered by the panel, chosen applicants from the short list will be invited to attend an audition and interview which will occur in early December 2021.
- All applicants will be notified of the result.
- The decision of the panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Applications are open from July 1, 2021 until September 30, 2021
Further information and audition requirements available at www.redlandsinfonia.org.au/scholarship
Email Artistic Director Dr Graeme Denniss: email@example.com