It is getting close now!
There are just over three weeks to go Wetlands 2018!
Check out the Wetlands Info for CHAC Parents online for all current details, including requests for donations. All Homebake stalls are looking for pledges and Plants is chasing shoeboxes and other small boxes for packaging – please bring them in prior or drop-off on the day. Watch out for another full Wetlands Bulletin next week. Here is some information on key activities now running:
- Thanks to everyone who has already purchased tickets in our $5000 FEES RAFFLE – we want this to sell out but we have only sold 130 so far. C’mon CHAC! That’s 170 opportunities still available to WIN. Grab one of the 300 tickets in our Fees Raffle to secure your chance to share in $5,000 in 2018 school fees, and to assist the College in raising valuable funds towards our target for Wetlands 2018. Get the family to buy one for you! DON’T MISS OUT! WE'D LOVE THIS ACTIVITY TO SELL OUT.
- Now is the time for Volunteers to SIGN UP at one of the many stalls that need assistance on the day of the Festival (we need help on Saturday, for set-up as well).
- Virtual Pet Show has opened and students are entering and voting at a great rate. It’s so much fun! Children won’t see their entry until the $5 entry fee has been paid – details will be on the welcome/booking email sent through after entry (if you can’t find it, the Trybooking site is HERE).
- Check out the Festival Art Exhibition, now open for viewing and bidding online. Pre-sale prices are listed so you can secure your selection and buy it now. Outstanding Art can be yours! For more information, please see the article included in this Newsletter.
- Silent Auction is also heating up – if you haven’t seen all the great prizes, it is time to have a look and get bidding! It is the BEST EVER Silent Auction, seriously!
- Forget about cooking on Wetlands weekend – order your Pies and Lamingtons now. Bookings close Sunday 20 May for this activity.
- Armbands ARE NOW ON SALE for the presale price of $40. Get in early to also snaffle a limited Reserved Parking spot (only 55 available) and, while you’re at it, enter the Publican’s Purse Raffle to win a wheelbarrow full of beer, wine, mixers and other adult beverages, valued at over $500!
- Bring-Along is now in full swing. Our sincere thanks to everyone who has already donated. We really need 375ml cans of soft drink or 375-500ml bottles of water. Alternatively, you can make a donation to enable us to purchase these items. Don't forget that classes and Homerooms are in the running to win one of four $75 Pizza lunches.
CHAC P&F President and Wetlands Festival Convenor