Years 11 and 12 Tertiary Studies Evening
Students from Years 11 and 12 are invited to CHAC’s Tertiary Studies Evening on Tuesday 30 July.
This is an important event, particularly for Year 12s as they prepare to submit QTAC applications later this term. The Tertiary Studies Evening will commence in the Auditorium at 5pm with a presentation by QTAC on choosing preferences and completing the university application process. A break at 6pm will allow students to attend a mini careers expo, including displays from key institutions before hearing short presentations from key tertiary institutions.
The program for the evening is as follows:
- 5.00pm to 6.00pm: Nicole Boulter from the Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (60 minutes). Please note that QTAC’s presentation will be most relevant to those students applying for tertiary courses under the OP system
- 6.00pm to 6.30pm: Careers Expo: major tertiary institutions will have small displays in the Auditorium foyer
- University and TAFE presentations (6.30pm until 7.35pm)
- 6.35pm-6.45pm: QUT
- 6.50pm-7.00pm: University of Queensland
- 7.05pm-7.15pm: TAFE Queensland
- 7.20pm-7.30pm: Griffith University
All Year 12s are encouraged to attend the 5pm QTAC presentation in particular. The Enterprise Centre will be open for senior study until 4.45pm on this day.
This is an annual event so Year 11s will be able to attend it again in next year. To assist us in planning for the event, please register here.
Make a date for TSXPO
The annual Tertiary Studies Expo runs this weekend at the RNA Showgrounds from 10am to 4pm on both days.
TSXPO provides an excellent opportunity to source information about a wide range of study options, career opportunities and new trends in further education, training and employment.
This free event is attended by all major Queensland and interstate tertiary institutions and incorporates a work and skills expo. This year's expo will see employers like the Queensland Police attend for the first time. The full list of exhibitors is available here.
For more information, please visit the event website.
Engineering and IT career advice
Students in Years 9 to 12 are invited to attend the upcoming Engineering and Computing Careers Evening at The University of Queensland (UQ) St Lucia on Thursday 22 August from 6pm until 8pm.
Students will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from recent engineering and computing graduates about their experiences in the industry
- Talk to academic staff and current students about study options at UQ
- Ask real engineers and technology innovators about job opportunities available in the industry
Read more from UQ here.