Dear Parents and CHAC Community
I would like to introduce myself as the incoming President of your Parents and Friends' Association. I was elected at the last Annual General Meeting and would like to introduce our dynamic 2019 Executive:
- President: Shareen Forsingdal PnF_President@chac.qld.edu.au
- Vice President: Marie-Claire Payne PnF_VicePresident@chac.qld.edu.au
- Vice President: Robert Nettleton PnF_VicePresident@chac.qld.edu.au
- Vice President: Pauline Wyatt PnF_VicePresident@chac.qld.edu.au
- Secretary (Minutes): Carole Branton PnF_Secretary1@chac.qld.edu.au
- Secretary (Communication): Jodie Clayton PnF_Secretary2@chac.qld.edu.au
- Treasurer: John Ryan PnF_Treasurer@chac.qld.edu.au
Other General Committee Members:
- Shauna Clowes
- Margeurite Glennon
- Tracy Rossow
- Briar Ballantyne
- Stuart Clayton
I look forward to leading the team. We have already started some refinements to our communications, had a fresh look at our executive roles and responsibilities, streamlined and clarified P&F operations and governance and are looking to build stronger relations with other bodies, such as CHAC Foundation. General meetings are held monthly, and we welcome all CHAC parents to attend any. The next meeting will be held on Monday 29 April at 6pm in the Research Centre.
On behalf of the CHAC P&F Committee, I hope that you have all enjoyed a fabulous Easter break and are ready to join us in Term Two for some of the great events we have planned.
Primary Cross Country Sausage Sizzle
The CHAC Primary P&F are excited to announce that we will be providing a Sausage Sizzle for parents, grandparents and students at this year’s Primary Cross-Country event, held on Wednesday 1 May. Details about the Cross Country will be sent out separately. We are hoping to create a fun, picnic-like atmosphere.
We will be offering combo packs of sausage in bread and a drink (juice/water) as well as separate packets of chips. There will also be gluten-free options available.
The only option for students is to pre-order lunch, which must be submitted via the Flexischools app (details below):
- The cut-off date to pre-order is Sunday 28 April
- Over-the-counter orders will not be available on the day
- Teachers will take class groups, to the stall to collect their orders. This will be after their race (lower Primary) and prior to their race (upper Primary)–depending on scheduling
- A list of names will be held at the stall to mark off collections–please remind your child if they have an order
There are two options for adults:
- Pre-order on Flexischools in your student's name (eg John Smith 2x sausage/water combo, 2x sausage/juice combo, 3x packets of chips) or
- Cash/EFTPOS on the day- however pre-ordering will guarantee your selection, so you don’t miss out
- Order via your Flexischools account at https://www.flexischools.com.au/
Where will we the Sausage Sizzle be located?
The Sausage Sizzle will be set up under the large shade sail beside the Tuggerah Centre, alongside the coffee van. Clive’s Coffee Van will be at the event from 10.30am onwards. Clive accepts cash and also has EFTPOS facilities available.
What if the Cross Country is cancelled?
Given that people will have pre-ordered, we will still cook the BBQ even if the event is rained out.
All the hard work is done! Now we need some volunteers to help cook sausages and hand out orders on the day. If you can spare an hour or two to help out, you will be contributing to our vibrant and dynamic school community (and you may even score a sausage in bread!). Please register to access the sign-up page, find the event and time slot that suits you (there is a drop-down list at the top of the page if you are on a mobile device) and join us for some fun!
See you there–it is going to be a great day!
9th May – Mothers Day Stall
A much-loved feature on the school calendar, the Mother's Day stall gives primary students the opportunity for some independent shopping for Mum’s present. We are featuring some wonderful sustainable and locally made gifts this year in addition to the popular traditional I love Mum items. If you are free on Tuesday 7 May for some wrapping, packaging and pricing we would appreciate your help. Alternatively, we need lots of helpers to run the stall on Thursday 9 May, helping the little ones choose a beautiful gift and assisting them with their money. It is such a fun day! Please sign up and help out if you can.
17th May – Park and Stride Day
Each Friday during the term is our Active School Travel Day where we encourage as many students as possible to walk, ride, scooter, take public transport or carpool to get to school. As part of the Active School Travel Program, we would like to support the families who need to drive to school. Carpooling is one way to be more sustainable. Another is Park and Stride where parents are encouraged to park the car away from the College and walk for the remainder of the journey. Our first Park and Stride event will be on 17 May, which is also National Walk Safely to School Day (WSTSD). There will be two locations for parents and students to meet, and anyone can join the group. We are inviting volunteers to meet people at designated locations and walk with them on their journey to school.