We will hold our annual visit from Seiryo high school in mid-March 2020.
Cultural exchanges such as this are a fantastic way to cultivate an international outlook at home, improve language skills and form lasting friendships. Your child does not need to study Japanese to host a student.
During their time at CHAC, the Japanese students attend specialist English conversation classes every day as well as integrating into some regular CHAC classes. They also get involved in activities with our language students and participate in an excursion to Southbank during their stay.
The role of the host families is to provide a welcoming environment and:
- accommodation (their own room) and three meals per day;
- safe travel to and from school each day (students may not travel alone, but can travel by bus or train with your child); and
- encouragement to practise speaking English
Please note, if your child attends after or before school sports training or music ensemble practice, the Japanese student simply goes with them. You don’t need to arrange separate pick-ups or drop-offs.
All members of the household over 18 will need to hold or apply for a Blue Card (some assistance is available with this process).
Host families are supported by:
- Pre-tour meeting with the tour coordinator
- Bi-lingual support staff in attendance each day
- 24-hour emergency phone contact (bilingual)
- Payment to assist with reimbursement of out-of-pocket expenses.
If you are interested or have any queries in relation to the program, please email Ms Nakamura firstname.lastname@example.org stating your child/children’s year level in 2020 and the best email and phone contact details. If you have a strong preference for hosting a boy or a girl, please include that information too.