Welcome back to the new year of District Sport at CHAC for 2021.
This year, students will continue with the same district sport sign on process from 2020. That being, students who are age-eligible for sports can sign on using the sign on sheets outside of Mr Hosking's office. In some circumstances, if large numbers of students register for these sports, an in-school trial may be needed to determine who is nominated by the school to attend the trials. This will be communicated prior to the in-school trial being held.
For carnival sports, such as swimming, athletics and cross country, students will need to meet a qualifying time in order to attend these Lytton District trials. These times will be used from our inter-house carnivals.
The district sports for Term 1 are listed below as well as the sign-on closing dates. All students must sign on using the sign on sheet outside of Mr Hosking's office by this date.
- 10-12 Years Girls' Netball - Tuesday 2 February
- 10-12 Years Girls' AFL - Wednesday 10 February
- 10-12 Years Boys' AFL - Wednesday 10 February
- 10-12 Years Girls' Hockey - Wednesday 10 February
- 10-12 Years Girls' Basketball - Wednesday 17 February
- 10-12 Years Boys' Basketball - Wednesday 17 February
- 10-12 Years Girls' and Boys Touch Football - Wednesday 24 March
- 10-12 Years Boys' Rugby Union - Wednesday 3 March
Students who qualified for 50m events have been nominated from times at the inter-house carnival. These students will be notified of this in the coming weeks.
Students can nominate for the following races by providing a coach accredited time to Mrs Kathy Winks by Wednesday 3 March.
- 10-12 Years - 100m Butterfly
- 10-12 Years - 100m Backstroke
- 10-12 Years - 100m Breaststroke
- 10-12 Years - 100m Freestyle
- 10-12 Years - 200m Individual Medley