Our students and families have been busy raising money for various causes, and we look forward to our end-of-year charity drive.
What a busy semester we have had in the fundraising department. I recently made, or will make shortly, donations to the following charities on behalf of the students of CHAC:
- Anglican Board of Mission Disaster Relief Fund $2,500
- RSPCA (Environment Committee) $430
- The Avner Foundation (Year 7 students) $600
- Fiver for a Farmer (a whole school effort) $5,650
- RU OK? Foundation (Business Market Day) $830
- Australian Children’s Music Foundation (Performance Music) $1,000
Isn’t this a sensational effort? And that’s just the second half of the year! Our students, staff and families have a real heart for reaching out beyond our community and we should be very proud of their efforts.
Christmas Charity Collections
As we head toward the end of the year, I receive requests from lots of places for donations for the Christmas charity drives. So that our families are not overwhelmed, I have chosen three charities that we will support this year in the weeks leading up to the holidays.
- GIVIT Kids: This branch of the GIVIT organisation focuses on connecting school-age children with other children in need. We will ask Primary families to consider donating a new toy for a child in foster care.
- Foodbank Appeal: As usual, the demand from charities for food items will be huge over the Christmas period, and we will ask our Secondary families to get on board by bringing in one or more non-perishable food items. We hope to break the 500kg barrier this year, so hope all students get onboard and make a big effort.
- Brisbane Basket Brigade: Last year, we provided a place for the Brisbane Basket Brigade to pack their hampers. We are proud to do so again this year and, in addition, have been collecting toiletries for them to add to their hampers. Families can also volunteer to help pack the hampers in December. For full information please visit the decidated website page.
We will provide more information to students and families in coming weeks, so stay tuned!