Being Kind to someone who has hurt you doesn’t always seem to make sense. It can feel like the last thing you want to do, especially in a conflict. However, there are many important reasons why being kind is a great choice to make.
Top 10 reasons to be kind:
- It makes you the hero
- It shows others that you can manage your emotions
- It's an important leadership skill
- You don’t know why the other person is hurting you - maybe they’ve been hurt themselves
- Other people might be watching you - you can set a great example to them
- Being kind builds bridges to better understanding - conflict is often caused by misunderstandings
- Every behaviour has consequences - you only choose your own behaviour, you don't choose other's behaviour
- You feel happier and more confident when you are kind to others
- It helps you to feel you belong to a community
- Kindness is contagious
Further information on what your child is learning throughout these lessons can be found here.