CHAC is gearing up to commence construction of a new cutting-edge development that will substantially change the College landscape, providing students with innovative learning spaces and a social hub.
Architecturally designed, the new double-storey building will house six new teaching and learning spaces, breakout spaces, an outdoor deck, locker bays, student amenities, contemporary kitchen and a new food and beverage precinct for students.
The development will open in mid-2020 and provide our students with a great space for engagement, socialising and learning. Development timeline – 2019/2020 (subject to change):
- June – current offices and classrooms vacated
- June/July – demolish current D Block
- July – turning of the sod event to mark the start of the new development
- August – building works begin
- January – halfway point of building works
- March/April – completion and opening
More information is available on the D Block redevelopment site.