Students in Years 10 to 12 are able to undertake Music Technology classes. These classes are run by our Audio Engineer through our professional recording studio, Ghostgum Audio. Group lessons are held weekly from 3.30 to 5.30pm term time. The current lesson rate is $250 per semester. Please click here for further information.
Beginner Music Technology
- Introduction to acoustics
- Introduction to Live Sound (How microphones, speakers, mixers, amplifiers etc work
- Setup and operation of PA equipment
- Introduction to Studio lighting
- Introduction to ProTools recording software
- How a recording studio works
- Basic recording projects
Senior Music Technology (prerequisite Beginner Course)
- Becomes more project based
- Advanced recording projects
- Involvement in College and external events
- Recording own/peers/College Projects
- Development of portfolio for tertiary entrance (if required)
To learn the skills necessary to be involved in recording, live sound, theatre and concerts. College events which are supported include: music performances, assemblies, musicals, awards ceremonies. There is a combination of classroom presentation and practical sessions leading to being able to assist on real-world internal and external events at the College.