'Sounds great!' - a common statement many of us say when a good idea is suggested.
At Ghostgum Audio, 'Sounds great!' is our mission.
When Ghostgum Audio set about developing a new recording studio, the ambition was to design and create an environment that inspired high quality recording. The result is a multi-function facility combining dedicated studio spaces suitable for recording anything from soloists to 76 piece ensembles, with teaching spaces, warm-up areas, and entertaining areas.
What you'll find here is an overview of the Ghosgum Audio facilities, adaptable by design to match a diverse range of recording requirements. Because at the end of the day we're all after the same thing, a recording that - sounds great!
Studio A is the primary recording space and is suitable for large groups including orchestras, choirs and symphonic bands. With beautiful acoustics and a Yamaha 9' grand piano, this space is also ideal for smaller chamber ensembles and soloists.
Studio B & Studio C
Studio B & Studio C provide an additional recording and rehearsal spaces. Studio B is optimised for jazz and rock ensembles, while Studio C caters primarily for soloists and pianists.
Standard available recording equipment includes:
- Neumann, Rode, AKG, Shure, Audio Technica Microphones
- Also Brauner, Milab and BeesNeez!
- C|24 Control with SSL X-Desk analogue "front end" if desired
- Pro Tools HD3
- Yamaha CDR1000 CD writer with Apogee UV22 converters
- DynaudioAcoustic Surround Sound Monitoring (BM15a, BM6a, BX30)
- Yamaha MSP5 near-field monitors
- Yamaha MSP10 studio monitors
- Sony headphones (MDR-7506 & MDR-7509) with distribution amp
- Additional headphones for up to 70 players
- Outboard including: Buzz Audio, Sebatron, Focusrite, Aurora Audio, JLM, Auditronics etc.
- Lynx Aurora io x 2 (32 channel digital and analogue)
- "Vintage" DigiPre - ie it doesn't say "AVID" om the front panel!
- Digi, Waves, SPL and Izotope Plugins
- Nord Electro 2 keyboard
- Fast Ethernet network with backup capability
Standard available performance equipment includes:
- 9' Yamaha Grand Piano
- 6' Yamaha Grand Piano
- Timpani and Orchestral Percussion
- Drum Kits and Rock/Jazz Percussion
- Orchestra Music Stands and Chairs
- Conductor's Podium
- Instrument Amplifiers