College tuition fees are inclusive of all non-voluntary items such as text books, excursions, camps, technology and the provision of laptop computers for Secondary students. Participation in our inter-school Sport competition (TAS) is also included in our tuition fees (personal clothing items such as protective wear, socks etc may not be included, depending on the Sport).
|Inclusion||Other Independent Schools|
|Excursions and Camps|
|1:1 Technology Program assets (laptops)|
|JTAS and TAS Participation (and playing jerseys)|
|Participation in clubs and most competitions|
Inclusions shown for other independent schools is generic and may not be accurate for all independent schools.
All enrolment fees are non-refundable and B-Pay is not available for these transactions. Enrolment fees are transferred to the College’s Building Fund for current and future capital purposes.
Term Payment Discount
For term fees only, a due date discount of $50 per student per term is offered where payment of the outstanding balance is received in full by the due date nominated on the fee statement.
Annual Payment Discount
For annual fees only, an annual payment discount of 5% is offered where the annual tuition fee is paid in full by 1 February 2018.
A family discount is offered where two or more children concurrently attend the College, as follows:
|Fourth and Subsequent Child||25%|
The family discount is applied to tuition fees after subtracting any scholarship and/or other concession.
Voluntary Programs and Other Charges
Tuition fees do not cover the following optional programs/activities/subscriptions and separate charges will be applied for:
- Overseas and National Study and Sporting Tours (including the Year 6 Primary Tour to Canberra)
- Music Technology Course
- Private Music Tuition
- Hire of Musical Instruments
- Distance Education Courses, Traineeships and TAFE Courses. Fees for such courses will be payable directly to the course provider
- Industrial Technology and Design Resources for Year 12 students where an individual student’s usage exceeds $170 per annum
- CHAC Past Students’ Association. The optional subscription for Life Membership of the Past Students’ Association (PSA) is invoiced on behalf of the PSA in annual instalments of $25 over the Secondary schooling years. This amount will be invoiced on the first term fee statement each year. A student who concludes their enrolment at the College prior to the end of Year 12 may secure their membership by payment of the outstanding balance, or may request a refund of the accrued subscription on withdrawal of enrolment. Alternatively, parents may elect to pay the full subscription at the then applicable rate at the end of Year 12.
In the instance of an application for a student to leave the College temporarily, a holding fee equivalent to the value of the Government funding for that period will be payable in order to hold the place.
Notice of Intention to Leave the College
In accordance with the Enrolment Agreement, at least one full term’s notice, in writing, must be given of a student’s intention to leave the College. Failure to provide such notice will result in a withdrawal fee equivalent to one term’s tuition fees being payable. A ‘term’ is defined as the dates specified in the Annual College Calendar, e.g. notification of intention to leave at the end of Term 4 would be required prior to the date of commencement of Term 4.
Administration Fee - Overdue Accounts
A monthly administration fee of up to 5% of the outstanding balance will be charged on overdue accounts. Non-payment of tuition fees may also result in legal action and the student being excluded from the College.