We are excited to announce that the CHAC Eisteddfod will be proceeding this year on Tuesday 1, Wednesday 2 and Thursday 3 September 2020.
The CHAC Eisteddfod is an in-house Music Eisteddfod held at CHAC with external independent adjudicators.
- All students in Years 2-12 learning an instrument or voice, at CHAC or externally, are invited to participate.
- Each competitor is awarded a certificate along with an adjudication report.
- Medals are awarded to the most outstanding in each section.
- Students may enter in multiple sections, and in the same section more than once if on different instruments or vocal genres.
- Accompanists will be provided.
Entry form submissions due
Sunday, 2 August
*Due to scheduling and accompaniment requirements, no late entries will be accepted.*
Please complete the online entry form for your chosen categories and submit accompaniment and backing tracks below.
*Please submit your Accompaniment Sheet Music or Backing Tracks when nominating ensuring all files are clearly labelled with Student name and title of piece.
Tuesday, 1 September
Wednesday, 2 September
Thursday, 3 September
Fenwick Bass Bursary
**Schedule subject to change**
- Sue Witham – Piano
- Stephanie Taylor – Vocal
- Jai Farrell – Classical Instrumental
- Leona Collier – Jazz Instrumental and Fenwick Bass Bursary
- Jason Elliott - Guitar
- In general, Instrumental pieces should be performed with an accompanist or a backing track.
- If using an accompanist, a rehearsal time will be sent to you.
- Wear smart casual clothing. NO shorts, jeans, joggers. Your school uniform is not appropriate for this competition.
- The time limits specified are to be adhered to. Please work with your tutor if you need to adjust the length of your piece to suit.
Please note social distancing and reduced audiences may impact how the eisteddfod operates this year. We will be taking advice from, and adhering to, College and QLD Health recommendations.
We are expecting parents to be able to attend the Eisteddfod, though this will depend on the number of entrants and the size of the venue as per College and QLD Health recommendations.